Voodoo Pork Loin
Time on High: 6 to 8 hours Time on Low: 8 to 10 hours A sweet and spicy pulled pork dish (any lean cut of beef works well too!). I believe the secret to the taste and tenderness is in the process as well as the recipe itself! I serve this over mashed or roasted sweet potatoes!
3 to 4 Pounds boneless pork loin
1 Tablespoon sea salt
1 Tablespoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon cumin
1 Tablespoon garlic granules
1 Tablespoon onion granules
1 Teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
2 large pieces of aluminum foil
1 1/2 Cups Texas Pete or Frank's hot sauce
1 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
1/2 Cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 Cup spicy brown mustard
1/2 Cup tomato paste
1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
1 Teaspoon black pepper
1/2 Teaspoon celery salt
1 Tablespoon mustard seeds
4 bay leaves
2 cloves garlic - minced
1. Lay pork loin on 1 piece of the foil and season both sides with dry rub.
2. Wrap tightly with both pieces of foil and place into crock. DO NOT ADD ANY LIQUID TO COOKER!
3. Set timer to 8 to 10 hours or low setting.
4. Mix all sauce ingredients in sauce pan. Bring to low simmer and cook until sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate until pork is ready is preparing sauce in advance.
5. When pork is finished, unwrap directly in the crock. Use 2 forks and pull the pork and mix into the remaining juices. Pour heated Voodoo sauce over pork and enjoy!