Roast Beef Sandwiches
Time on High: 4 to 6 hours Time on Low: 7 to 8 hours This is how I take a less-expensive cut of meat and turn it into a meal that disappears with no leftovers. Everyone loves these sandwiches.
3 1/2 to 4 Pounds boneless chuck roast
1/2 Cup lite (low sodium) soy sauce
1 Beef bouillon cube
2 Large bay leaves
Dozen whole peppercorns
2 Sprigs fresh rosemary
1 Teaspoon dried thyme
1 Large garlic clove, crushed
12 French rolls, split
1. Place roast in a 5-quart Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
2. Combine soy sauce and next 6 ingredients.
3. Pour over roast.
4. Add water to Crock-Pot® slow cooker until roast is almost covered.
5. Cook, covered, on LOW for 7 hours or until very tender.
6. Remove roast, reserving broth.
7. Shred roast with a fork and serve on sandwich rolls with the broth on the side for dipping.