Time on High: 10 to 12 hours Time on Low: 24 hours Homemade Apple Butter is a great gift and delicious on toast.
3 Pounds cooking apples (Rome recommended)
2 Cups granulate sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 Teaspoon ground ginger
1 Teaspoon nutmeg
1. Peel and slice approximately apples.
2. Place in Crock-Pot® with sugar and spices.
3. Cook on low for approximately 21 hours.
4. Use a potato masher to break up apples.
5. Place 2 wooden spoons over the top of the Crock-Pot® and place lid on wooden spoons to allow liquid to evaporate and cook approximately 3 hours more.
6. Apple butter is ready when no free liquid remains. Apple butter can be canned, refrigerated or frozen.