Chocolate Hazelnut Bread Pudding
Time on High: 2 hours Time on Low: 30 minutes This is a ridiculously rich and decadent dessert that is sure to satisfy the cravings of any true chocolate lover. This dessert can be served warm or slightly frozen if you are in the mood for something a little different. Serve with whipped cream, a sprinkle of chocolate chips, and a sprig of mint as a garnish.
1 Loaf cubed Italian bread (set out overnight)
5 Eggs beaten
1 Cup melted chocolate chips
1/2 Stick melted butter
1 1/2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 Teaspoon of hazelnut extract
2 Cups of granulated sugar, 1/2 cup for separate mixture
1 Cup of milk
2 Cups of hazelnut coffee creamer (reserve 1 cup)
1 Cup of evaporated milk
1. Mix together eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla, and hazelnut flavoring into a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix melted chocolate, cocoa powder, and 1 cup of hazelnut cream.
3. Pour both mixtures over cubed bread, gently folding in all ingredients thoroughly.
4. Add mixture to Crock-Pot® slow cooker and cover, allowing to cook on High for 2 hours.
5. Switch temperature to Low for the last 30 minutes.