Shortcut Brunswick Stew
Time on High: 4 to 5 Hours Time on Low: 8 to 10 Hours The southern classic Brunswick stew. Featuring lean chicken, tomatoes, potatoes, corn, and lima beans. Easily slow cooked to perfection in your Crock-Pot®.
1 Large onion
3 Boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 Pounds) washed and seasoned with salt and pepper, to taste
3 Cups frozen diced potatoes
2 Cups frozen lima beans
2 Cups frozen corn
2 Cans (15 Ounces) lima beans (juice drained)
2 Cans creamed corn (15 Ounces)
2 Cans of diced tomatoes (15 Ounces)
1 Cup tomato juice
1 Cup Chicken stock
1 Tablespoon Texas Pete
1/4 Cup sugar
1/2 Stick of butter
1 Teaspoon of salt
1. Spray Crock-Pot® with non-stick spray
2. Chop onion into a dice, spread on bottom of Crock-Pot®
3. Place chicken breasts on top of onion
4. Layer frozen potatoes, lima beans, and corn on top of chicken
5. pour canned creamed corn, lima beans, and finally tomatoes on top of frozen vegetables.
6. Pour chicken stock and tomato juice on top of canned vegetables
7. Cook 4 to 5 hours on high, 8 to 10 Hours on low.
8. 1 hour before cooking stops, remove chicken and shred, place to the side
9. Add butter, sugar, texas pete, and salt. Stir.
10. Stir chicken back into stew, continue cooking for last hour.