Ultimate Beef Brisket
Time on High: 6 to 8 Hours Time on Low: 8 to 10 Hours A family favorite! For years, I cooked brisket in the oven. It was sometimes dry and could be a little tough. As I was experimenting with trying some of my family favorite recipes in my Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker, I decided to give brisket a try. We loved the results. A more tender and juicy brisket. It really is the Ultimate,
3 to 4 Pound trimmed beef brisket
1 1/2 Cups water
2 Ounces liquid smoke
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 Teaspoons coarse salt
1 1/2 Teaspoons pepper
1 Teaspoon garlic salt
1 Teaspoon onion salt
1 Teaspoon celery salt
1. Rinse brisket and place in crock of your Crock-Pot® slow cooker*
2. Pour water, liquid smoke, and Worcestershire sauce over meat
3. Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion salt, and celery salt evenly over brisket.
4. Gently lift the edges of the brisket so part of the liquid runs under the meat.
5. Put the lid on the stoneware and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
6. Take stoneware out of the refrigerator and place in Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker base.
7. Program Slow Cooker for 8 hours on low heat.
8. When cooking is done, remove meat to a large cutting board and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
9. Slide brisket against the grain and serve with your favorite barbecue sauce.
*If you do not have a removable stoneware you may marinate the brisket in a large resealable bag or other container.