Apple & Brie Stuffed Chicken
Time on High: 3 hours Time on Low: 4 hours This Apple & Brie Stuffed Chicken has many of my favorite ingredients - the flavors go well together and the white wine sauce on top just adds the perfect velvety finish! This is a chicken dish that will wow your family! I used a gala apple, but you can use any apple type of your choice. Happy Crocking!
4 Chicken breasts
8 Slices of brie cheese
1 Onion, sliced
2 Cloves garlic, minced
¾ Cup white wine
¾ Cup apple cider
Salt & pepper, to taste
Dried sage (optional)
1. Place sliced onion and garlic in Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
3. Peel apple and cut in half
4. Thinly slice ½ of the apple and divide into four equal parts. (for filling) Set aside.
5. Cut remaining apple half in larger slices and place on top of the onions
6. Pour ½ Cup white wine and ½ Cup apple cider over onion mixture.
7. Pound each chicken breast until thin – about ½ inch thick.
8. Add a few apple slices, 2 pieces of brie, salt, pepper, and sage (if using) to each chicken breast.
9. Roll each end of chicken breast to middle and overlap. Secure with a toothpick or two.
10. Place each rolled chicken breast on top of onion mixture in Crock-Pot® slow cooker – toothpick side up.
11. Pour remaining wine and apple cider over chicken.
12. Cover & Cook on LOW for 4 to 5 Hours.
13. Remove chicken from Crock-Pot® slow cooker, cover, and set aside.
14. Pour liquid from Crock-Pot® slow cooker into a medium sized pot.
15. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly and reduce sauce.
16. To serve, each chicken breast with reduced sauce.