Piña Colada Bars
Time on High: 3 Hours Time on Low: 4 to 5 Hours Pineapple, Coconut, and Cream Cheese top a sweet dough for delicious dessert bars. Aloha!
Nonstick cooking spray
2 Cups sweetened shredded coconut
1 Cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2/3 Cup granulated sugar
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Teaspoon salt
1 Large egg
2 Cups all-purpose flour
3 ounces cream cheese
1 Can crushed pineapple (20 Ounces)
¼ Cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1. Preheat oven 375°F. Line stoneware with foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Spread coconut evenly on baking sheet, toast in oven 10 to 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
3. With mixer on medium-high, beat butter, sugar, and salt until well-combined. Beat in egg and vanilla. On low, beat in flour and half of toasted coconut, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Spread dough evenly in stoneware. Place small chunks of cream cheese over dough.
4. Drain pineapple and press firmly into strainer to remove all excess liquid; transfer to medium bowl.
If using pineapple chunks, drain, chop, then drain again, pressing into strainer to remove excess liquid before adding remaining ingredients.
5. Add brown sugar and cornstarch to pineapple, stir to combine. Spread pineapple mix over dough. Cover; cook LOW 4 to 5 hours or HIGH 3 hours, until edges are crisp golden brown. Remove stoneware from base and cool on wire rack. Holding edges of foil, lift bars from stoneware. Sprinkle with remaining toasted coconut.