Time on High: 4 Hours Time on Low: 5 Hours I discovered mole sauce (pronounced mo-lay) shortly after moving to the Southwest and I was immediately hooked! Mole is a Mexican sauce with ingredients like peppers, dried fruit, cloves and chocolate, among many others.
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
9 1/2 Ounces Mole sauce
2 Tablespoons peanut butter
¼ Cup Raisins
2 Tablespoons Honey
1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
2 Chilies in adobo sauce (buy a 7 Ounces or smaller can but only use 2!)
3 Cloves, crushed garlic
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Slice onion and place in the bottom of a 5 Quart Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
2. Place 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts on top of onions
3. Salt & Pepper the chicken.
4. In a small bowl, combine prepared mole sauce, peanut butter, raisins, honey, cocoa powder, chilies and garlic.
5. Pour sauce over chicken and coat well.
6. Cover and Cook on LOW for 5 hours
To serve, cut or shred the chicken into large pieces. Place chicken in flour tortillas and cover with sauce from the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.