Goat Cheese & Chive Mashed Potatoes
Time on High: 4 Hours Time on Low: 6 to 8 Hours If you haven't made mashed potatoes in a Crock-Pot® slow cooker before, I urge you to try it - you'll never make them another way again! These Goat Cheese & Chives Mashed Potatoes will really wow your guests and they are so easy. They pair perfectly with a delicious steak or even your Thanksgiving turkey. (They are on my holiday menu!) Happy Crocking!
2 Pounds red potatoes
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 Cup water
1 Cup milk
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
4 Ounces goat cheese
2 Tablespoons freshly chopped chives
This is a no-peel recipe! The skin is very thin and will add a bit of texture and color to the mashed potatoes!
1. Wash Potatoes and place in a 5 to 6 Quart Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
2. Pour ¼ Cup water over the potatoes
3. Cover & Cook on HIGH for 4 Hours
4. After 4 hours, check to ensure doneness (soft but not crumbly)
5. Warm the Cup of milk.
6. Pour milk over the potatoes in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker and add butter.
7. Gently start to mash the potatoes using a potato masher.
8. Add goat cheese, salt, and pepper.
9. Continue to mash, ensuring that the cheese is melted in evenly.
10. Stir in chives.
11. Taste potatoes and adjust seasonings to your liking (you can add garlic powder, more butter, salt, pepper, etc)
12. You can serve the mashed potatoes right from your Crock-Pot® slow cooker - just keep on the Warm setting!
13. Right before serving top with additional chopped chives for a nice presentation.