Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Rustic Mashed Potatoes
Time on High: 4 hours Time on Low: 7 hours Mashed Potatoes are SO easy to make in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker! I recommend using red-skinned potatoes or gold potatoes which have thin skins so you don't have to peel them. This will be your new go-to holiday potato recipe - it's that easy! Happy cooking!
2 Pounds of thin-skinned potatoes, washed and unpeeled
1/4 Cup water
2 Tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
1 Cup milk or half & half, warmed
1. Combine all ingredients except milk in a single layer on the bottom of the Crock-Pot® slow cooker
2. Cover; on Low for 7 hours or on High for 4 hours.
3. After cooking time is completed, test potatoes with a fork to ensure they are done.
4. Gently start to mash potatoes with a potato masher.
5. Slowly pour the milk over the potatoes and gently continue mashing.
6. Add as much of the milk as needed, being careful not to over mash or the potatoes will get too starchy (and gluey).
Season to taste and serve warm.