Decadent Slow Cooker Brownies
Time on Low: 4 to 5 Hours I recently trained with a well-known pastry chef and she shared a secret with me - use real chocolate pieces instead of cocoa powder when making desserts. What a difference this has made! This brownie recipe was inspired from my time with Chef Susan. These Decadent Brownies are super moist from slow cooking in our Crock-Pot® Casserole Crock™ and are so rich.
2 Cups Bittersweet Chocolate
1 Cup Butter (unsalted)
2 Cup Sugar
4 Large Eggs (room temp)
2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Cup Flour
¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
Crushed Candy Canes, optional
1. Grease a Casserole Crock™ or other large Crock-Pot® slow cooker with non-stick spray.
2. Melt chocolate and butter together in a small bowl, using 15 second increments in the microwave (stir every 15 seconds until smooth)
3. Set mixture aside to cool while you prep other ingredients
4. Whisk sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a medium bowl until well blended
5. Add chocolate mixture and stir until well combined and smooth.
6. Sift flour and baking soda together and pour into chocolate mixture.
7. Gently stir just until combined - do not over mix!
8. Pour brownie mixture into the greased Crock-Pot® slow cooker and even out with a spatula.
9. Optional: Sprinkle crushed candy canes or peppermint pieces over top.
10. Cover and Cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until done.
11. Remove lid and cool completely before cutting.
12. Cut into bars just prior to serving. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar for garnish.