Cheesy Jalapeno Chicken Burritos
Time on High: Cooks on LOW Time on Low: 4 to 5 Hours This dish was inspired by a recent experience I had at a Mexican restaurant in the Phoenix, AZ area. I fell in love with a cheesy jalapeno dipping sauce and I knew I had to recreate at home in my Crock-Pot® slow cooker! This recipe has become a frequently requested dish at my home. I hope your family loves it too!
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Onion, diced
1 Green Pepper, diced
1 ½ Cup Chicken Broth
Salt & Pepper
1 package (2 Cups) Shredded Cheddar-Jack Cheese
4 Ounce Sliced Jalapenos, drained
1 Cup Whole Milk
2 Package Cream Cheese, softened
16 Ounce Sour Cream
1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
1. Place chicken breasts in a 5 to 6 Quart Crock-Pot® slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
2. Dice onion and green pepper and place on top of chicken.
3. Pour chicken broth over top of ingredients in slow cooker.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
5. Remove chicken from Crock-Pot® slow cooker and shred with two forks.
6. Reserve liquid from Crock-Pot® slow cooker in a separate container.
7. Return shredded chicken to Crock-Pot® slow cooker and mix with the onions & peppers.
8. Add enough of the reserved liquid back just to moisten meat, about ½ Cup.
9. SAUCE: Place cream cheese, sour cream, milk, 1 cup of Cheddar-Jack, garlic, jalapenos and salt & pepper in a food processor or blender and mix until well combined and jalapenos are finely chopped.
10. Place half of the sauce mixture over top shredded chicken in the slow cooker and stir well.
11. Cover and cook on LOW for 30 to 60 minutes longer or until warmed through.
12. Meanwhile, place remaining sauce in a Crock-Pot® Lunch Crock® or Little Dipper® Food Warmer to keep warm. (Otherwise refrigerate and then warm in microwave when ready to serve)
3. SERVING: Warm flour tortillas according to package directions.
14. Place chicken mixture in tortilla and roll to place seam side down on a plate.
15. Top with reserved warm sauce and sprinkle with shredded Cheddar-Jack.