Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin and Herb Roasted Vegetables
Time on High : 3 hours and 30 minutes Time on Low: 5 hours I love making pork tenderloin in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker. This month I happened to have a ton of root vegetables and some fresh rosemary from my garden so I decided to use them in a tasty pork tenderloin recipe. The flavors played off of each other so well and even my little ones ate their vegetables.
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoons grated Parmesan
4 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, divided
1 Teaspoon minced garlic
3 Potatoes, washed (do not peel)
1 Cup baby carrots
1 Onion, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Pork Tenderloin (about 1 1/2 Pounds)
2 Tablespoons Parsley
2 Teaspoon onion powder
2 Teaspoons garlic powder
2 Teaspoons seasoned salt
¼ Cup beef broth
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Place onions, carrot,s and potatoes in a medium sized bowl.
2. Sprinkle with olive oil, Parmesan, half of the rosemary, an garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Toss to coat all vegetables well.
4. Place coated vegetables in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
5. Combine parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, remaining rosemary and seasoned salt in a small bowl to create the rub.
6. Rub pork tenderloin with seasonings.
7. Add vegetable oil to a skillet over high heat. Oil is hot enough once it starts to ripple. Add pork tenderloin and sear for 1 to 2 minutes per side.
8. Keep the pan hot while you place seared tenderloin over top vegetables in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
9. Pour beef broth in hot skillet to deglaze, scraping up any brown bits. Pour juice in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
10. Cover; cook on High for 3 hours and 30 minutes or on Low for 5 hours, or until pork tenderloin is cooked through and the vegetables are softened to your liking.
11. Once done cooking, place pork on a serving platter and let sit (covered) for 10 minutes before cutting.
12. Slice and serve with vegetables from Crock-Pot® slow cooker.