Time on High: 4 to 5 hours Time on Low: 8 to 10 hours A rich chili recipe with a hint of hotness from chipotle. Perfect for a weeknight meal, tailgating, or weekend potlucks. Don't expect any leftovers!
1 1/2 Pounds ground beef
2 to 3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 Medium onion, diced
1 Can kidney beans
1 Can black beans
1 Can pinto beans
1 Small can chipotle chilis in adobe sauce
2 Cans diced tomatoes
1 Small can tomato paste
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 Teaspoon cumin
1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Brown the ground beef in a skillet until no longer pink. Drain liquid and transfer to Crock-Pot® slow cooker stoneware.
2. Add chopped garlic and diced onion on top of meat.
3. Drain and rinse the kidney, black and pinto beans. Pour on top of rest of ingredients.
4. Finely chop and add 2 of the chipotle chilies. Add 3 Tablespoons of sauce from can.
5. Add 2 cans diced tomatoes.
6. Add 1 can of tomato paste.
7. Add chili powder, cumin, and cinnamon.
8. Cover; cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours.
TIP: For thicker chili, drain some of the liquid from the cans before adding the tomatoes.