Crock-Pot® Petite Poulets for Two
Time on High: 3 hours Time on Low: 6 hours Here is a low and slow meal for two with a handful of ingredients that deliver maximum flavor and a warm, fuzzy comfort to your palate.
2 Petite poulets or Cornish game hens
2 Large portabella mushrooms
2 Medium onions
1 Garlic bulb
1 Can cream of chicken soup
2 Tablespoons combined herbs and spices of choice for poultry
2 Tablespoons olive or cannola oil
1. Rinse, pat dry, season throughout, and set aside petite poulets.
2. Oil and rub entire inside of Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
3. Wipe clean mushrooms with damp cloth and place them stem side up in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
4. Slice and layer onions over mushrooms.
5. Cut garlic bulb in half, reserving a few cloves from each half, roughly chopped, and sprinkle over onions.
6. Cut lemon in half and stuff each poulet with both a garlic and lemon half inside cavity. Place breast side down inside the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
7. Spread cream of chicken soup over poulets. Cover Crock-Pot® and cook halfway. Remove cover, turn poulets over, and finish cooking.
8. Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, or egg noodles of choice.