Indian Style Chickpeas with Cauliflower
• 6 cups medium cauliflower florets
• 4 cups cubed potatoes
• 1 can (540ml/19-oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tbsp. curry powder
• 1 tbsp. minced ginger
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp pepper
• 1 cup peas
• 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
• ¼ cup tomato paste
• 2 tbsp. Indian curry paste
• 2 tbsp. butter (room temperature)
• 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
• Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
1. Stir cauliflower, potatoes, chickpeas, onions, and garlic with curry powder, ginger, salt and pepper. Scrape into FoodSaver® Bag. Add peas to another FoodSaver® Bag.
2. Seal both FoodSaver® Bags and freeze. When you’re ready to cook, thaw overnight in your refrigerator before placing the meal into your Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker.
3. To cook, add thawed contents of cauliflower from the FoodSaver® Bag, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, curry paste and butter to Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker.
4. Cover, cook on low heat setting for 4-6 hours or until potatoes are tender, adding peas in the last 10 minutes of cooking. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and serve with lemon wedges if desired.
Quick Tips: You can also serve over steamed rice.