Slow-Cooker Beef and Beer Braise
• 2 lbs. stewing beef, cut into ½-inch cubes
• 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
• 1 tsp. salt
• ½ tsp. pepper
• 1 lbs. mini red skinned potatoes
• 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 2 cups)
• 2 medium turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 2 cups)
• 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 2 cups)
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 ribs celery, cut into 1-inch chunks
• 6 cloves garlic, peeled
• 1 (12-oz) bottle stout beer (aka Guiness)
• ¼ cup beef broth
• ¼ cup tomato paste
• 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
• Grainy mustard, for serving (optional)
• Prepared horseradish, for serving (optional)
1. Sprinkle beef with rosemary, salt and pepper. Add beef to FoodSaver® Bag along with potatoes, carrot, turnip, parsnips, onion, celery and garlic.
2. Seal and freeze. When you’re ready to cook, thaw overnight in your refrigerator before placing the meal into your Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker.
3. To cook, add thawed contents from the FoodSaver® Bag to Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker. Pour in beer, beef broth, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce.
4. Cover, cook on low heat setting for 6-8 hours or until beef is tender. Garnish with chives. Serve with mustard and horseradish if desired.