Crockpot® Honey Braised Pork Ramen
3 pounds of pork shoulder roast
1/4th cup of honey
1/4th cup of sake
4 star anises
4 cups of chicken broth
2 packs of Ramen noodles
1 tablespoon of Sriracha sauce
2 tablespoons of chili garlic sauce
1 tablespoon of fresh ginger
1 tablespoon of Chinese five spice
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of salt
2 cups of shitake mushrooms
2 cups of leeks
1 ½ cups of snow peas
8 hard-boiled quail eggs or 4 hard-boiled chicken eggs
4 tarragon sprigs
3 garlic cloves
2 scallion stalks
1 red onion
1. Glaze the uncooked pork shoulder in the honey and then sprinkle the Chinese five spice on top. Set aside.
2. In the Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker add the chicken broth, chili garlic sauce, Sriracha sauce, minced garlic cloves, ginger, star anises, lime juice, and brown sugar. Place the glazed pork shoulder the pot. Cover the Crock-Pot® slow cooker and cook on high for 6 hours.
3. Once the pork has been braised for the 6 hours, remove it from the pot. Also remove the star anises and discard. In a separate bowl, pull apart the pork with a fork and knife. Once, shredded add the pork back into the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
4. Add the mushrooms, leeks, snow peas, and salt into the Crock-Pot® slow cooker. Continue to cook for an additional 40 minutes on high. At the 35-minute mark, add in the uncooked Ramen noodles.
5. Hard-boil the quail or chicken eggs and set aside.
6. Once the cooking time is over, immediately serve in soup bowls. Top the bowls with halved hard-boiled eggs, sliced red onion, sliced jalapenos, cut scallions, sliced radish, mango chunks, and tarragon sprigs. Enjoy!
Recipe by: Sam Temsah-Deniskin
Photo Credit by: HelloSociety Influencer Sam Temsah-Deniskin