Crock-Pot Tequila & Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers
4 Bell peppers
2 shots of tequila
2 Chorizo sausage links
¾ Pounds skirt steak
1 ¼ Cups of shredded Asiago cheese
¾ Cup of cooked Mexican rice
½ Cup of cooked black beans
½ Cup of sliced red onion
¼ Cup of cilantro
1 Tablespoon of red pepper
1. Wash the bell peppers and cut the tops off. Remove the insides of each bell pepper and set aside.
2. Dice the following ingredients into small cubes: skirt steak, chorizo, jalapenos, tomato, and red onion. Prepare the cooked Mexican rice and black beans.
3. Make the stuffing by combining the following ingredients in a bowl: 2 shots of tequila, diced chorizo sausage links, diced skirt steak, 1 Cup of shredded Asiago cheese, ¾ Cup of cooked Mexican Rice, ½ Cup of cooked black beans, diced jalapenos, diced tomato, ¼ Cup of cilantro, and 1 Tablespoon of red pepper.
4. Stuff the bell peppers with the mixture. Pour 1/3 Cup of water in the Crock-Pot® and place the bell peppers inside, standing upright. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
5. Plate the stuffed bell peppers and add sliced avocado, shredded Asiago cheese, and sliced lime as garnish. Enjoy!
Recipe by: Samia Temsah-Deniskin
Photo Credit by: HelloSociety Influencer Samia Temsah-Deniskin