5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup sugar
1 cup light soy sauce
½ cup apple cider vinegar
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. black pepper
2 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tbsp. cold water
steamed white or brown rice, for serving
optional: sesame seeds, for serving
1) Place chicken in the bottom of your Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
2) In a bowl, combine sugar, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger and black pepper. Pour over chicken in your Crock-Pot® slow cooker and cover with
3) Cook on low for 8 hours, or until chicken is tender.
4) Once tender, take chicken out and set aside. Do not remove the sauce from your Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
5) In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Pour into the sauce and stir together, making sure to turn your Crock-Pot® slow cooker temperature
setting from low, to high. Let sauce thicken for 30 minutes.
6) Shred the chicken and place back in with sauce, allowing it to heat thoroughly before serving with steamed rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and enjoy!