Green Chili Mac & Cheese
This delicious and unique Mac & Cheese will leave your guests craving more! Note: Add jalapeños only if you like a lot of spice!
1 Teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 Cups milk
1 Cup sour cream
8 Ounces cream cheese
1 Pound spiral noodles, uncooked
9 Ounces aged cheddar cheese, shredded
1 Cup Mexican Crema
1/3 Cup grated parmesan
15 1/4 Ounces canned corn, drained
1 Onion, finely diced
Salt & White Pepper, to taste
1 Tablespoon butter, cubed
26 Ounces green chile strips, drained
--> Optional: If you like spicy food, add a 4 Ounce can of diced jalapeños
1 Cup breadcrumbs
1/3 Cup parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1. Butter or grease a 6-Quart Crock-Pot® slow cooker with non-stick spray.
2. Pour uncooked noodles in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
3. Add grated cheddar cheese, Crema and parmesan cheese to the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
4. Next add in finely diced onion, drained corn, salt, and white pepper.
5. Cube 1 Tablespoon of cold butter and sprinkle over the noodle mixture.
6. Slightly drain green chiles and place in a blender. Pulse, or use salsa setting to create a chunky mixture.
7. Next, add the following ingredients to the green chiles in the blender: softened cream cheese, sour cream, milk, garlic powder, and jalapenos (if using.)
8. Blend to combine well then pour over ingredients in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
9. Stir all ingredients with a large spoon. Combine well to ensure the liquid ingredients are dispersed.
10. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
11. Before serving, place 1 Cup Breadcrumbs, 1/3 Cup parmesean cheese, 1 Tablespoon olive oil, and salt & pepper in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir until breadcrumbs crisp up and gain color.
12. Top mac & cheese with toasted breadcrumbs and serve immediately.