Goat Cheese & Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta
This appetizer is so easy to make and the combination of goat cheese & roasted red pepper is full of flavor. Note: Buy a thin baguette from the bakery at your supermarket and ask them to slice it for you. Most are happy to do this for you!
12 Ounces roasted red peppers in olive oil with garlic (do not drain)
11 Ounces goat cheese, softened
4 Ounces cream cheese, softened
Salt & pepper, to taste
Olive oil, as needed
Pine nuts, for garnish
1 French baguette, cut at an angle into ½” thick slices
1. Place red peppers, softened goat cheese, and softened cream cheese in a blender.
2. Blend until combined. (If ingredients are too thick, drizzle in a bit of olive oil)
3. Taste and add salt & freshly ground pepper as needed.
4. Put ingredients in a 2-Quart Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
5. Cover and cook on LOW for 1 1/2 hours.
6. For easy serving from the Crock-Pot® slow cooker, sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and serve with sliced and toasted French bread.
- Another option: Spread cheese mixture on top of each slice of toasted bread and serve immediately.