"Grilled" Cheese Bake
This delicious recipe for "Grilled" Cheese Bake from the slow cooker is the ultimate comfort food! Pair it with tomato soup for the perfect warm up this fall. - xoxo, Jenn
• 12 Pieces Texas Toast, crusts removed & toasted and buttered
• Sliced cheese – 6 slices each of co-jack, cheddar and pepperjack.
• 2 eggs
• 1 c. Milk
• 1 tsp. ground mustard
• Salt & pepper, to taste
• Optional: Cooked, sliced bacon
1. Grease a Crock-Pot® Casserole Crock slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place 6 slices of the toasted bread buttered-side down in the prepared slow cooker.
3. Top each each piece of bread with three slices of cheese (and optional, bacon)
4. Top with the remaining toasted/buttered bread – butter side UP.
5. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt & pepper.
6. Pour egg mixture around ingredients in the slow cooker.
7. Cover and Cook on HIGH for 2 Hours.
8. After two hours of cooking, remove lid and allow to cook for 15 minutes longer to crisp up top layer.
9. Cut into squares or triangles to serve and top with shredded cheese to garnish.