Chicken and Spicy Black Bean Tacos
Chicken and Spicy Black Bean Tacos Makes 4 servings Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 1-¾ hours (HIGH)
• 1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, drained
• 1-½ teaspoons chili powder
• ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
• 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 12 crisp corn taco shells
• Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream and/or sliced black olives
1. Coat inside of CROCK-POT® slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add beans and tomatoes with chilies. Combine chili powder, cumin and 1 teaspoon oil in small bowl; rub onto chicken. Place chicken in CROCK-POT® slow cooker. Cover; cook on HIGH 1-¾ hours.
2. Remove chicken to cutting board; slice. Remove bean mixture to large bowl using slotted spoon. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
3. To serve, warm taco shells according to package directions. Fill with equal amounts of bean mixture and chicken. Top as desired.