Apple, Cranberry and Almond Muffin
• 1 cup chopped almonds plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
• 1 cup blueberries plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
• 1 cup red apple, peeled and diced plus 2 tablespoons diced with skin for garnish
• 1 cup brown sugar plus 1 tablespoon
• 1 cup canola oil
• 3 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 cup wheat flour
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
• 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In the mixing bowl of your Oster® Planetary Stand Mixer, mix cranberries, apples, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Preheat oven to 400˚F/205˚C.
3. In the shaft for accessories, install the paddle beater, place the bowl and the splatter protector. Turn on your mixer set at Speed 4.
4. Once you observe all ingredients are mixed, add slowly the dry ingredients mixture; flour, baking powder, etc. Wait for all the ingredients to blend.
5. Remove mixture from mixing bowl and pour into greased muffin cups. Insert muffin tray in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of one of muffins comes out clean.
6. In the meantime, in a skillet mix almonds, cranberries, apples with skin and reserved sugar for garnish with 3 tablespoons of water. Wait approximately 3 minutes for the sugar to dissolve and the fruit to caramelize.
7. Once the muffins are ready, place on a rack to rest. Remove muffins from the cups and pour mixture on top to garnish. Serve with freshly brewed coffee.