Super Meatball Sliders
Super Meatball Sliders Makes 24 sliders Recipe from the Crock-Pot® Wings and Things cookbook. Item # 2267700
• 1 can (15 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce
• 1 can (about 15 ounces) tomato sauce
• ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
• 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
• ¾ cup dry seasoned bread crumbs
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1 package (1 ounce) onion soup mix
• Nonstick cooking spray
• Baby arugula leaves (optional)
• 24 small potato rolls or dinner rolls
• 6 slices (1 ounce each) provolone cheese, cut into quarters
1. Combine cranberry sauce, tomato sauce and red pepper flakes, if desired, in Crock-Pot® slow cooker; stir to blend. Cover; cook on LOW 3 to 4 hours.
2. Halfway through cooking time, prepare meatballs. Combine beef, bread crumbs, egg and dry soup mix in large bowl; mix well. Shape mixture into 24 meatballs (about 1-¾ inches diameter). Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add meatballs; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until browned on all sides. Remove to Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
3. Cover; cook on LOW 1 to 2 hours. Place arugula leaves on bottom of rolls, if desired. Top with meatballs, sauce, cheese and tops of rolls.