Slow Cooker Potato Leek Soup with Crispy Prosciutto
There's something about soup that is so comforting—but "comforting" doesn't have to mean unhealthy! This potato leek soup highlights the sweet, mild flavor of leeks and the natural creaminess of potatoes, without adding tons of extra milk, calories or fat! Add some chives for color and flavor and some salty, crispy prosciutto on top...you deserve it.
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 3 leeks, white and light green parts diced
• 3-4 potatoes, diced
• 4 1/2 cups stock
• salt and pepper
• 1/4 cup whole milk
• 2-3 tbsp. chopped chives
• 3 pieces prosciutto
1. Cut leeks and potatoes.
2. Add olive oil, leeks, potatoes, stock, salt and pepper to Crock-Pot® slow cooker. Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
3. Put half of the soup in a blender and pulse until smooth. Add that back into the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
4. Stir in milk and chives.
5. Cut prosciutto into strips. In a small nonstick saucepan, crisp the prosciutto over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to speed the process. Place on a paper towel to soak up any excess
6. Ladle soup into a bowl. Top with more chives and a few pieces of crispy prosciutto.