Slow Cooker Steak Roll-Ups
The great thing about these Steak Roll-Ups is they can be prepped even a day in advance! You simply place the roll-ups in your Crock-Pot® slow cooker, top it with your favorite tomato sauce and cook on low or high heat. They serve up beautifully, and can be paired with pasta, rice or a green salad.
• 2 lbs. top round steak
• 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon ground pepper
• 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 cup grated carrots
• 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
• 1/2 cup sliced yellow bell pepper
• 1/2 cup sliced orange bell pepper
• 1/4 cup sliced green onion, chopped
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 12-14 oz. jar tomato sauce
1. Slice steak evenly into 6 strips and pound until they are 1/4 inch thick.
2. Mix the salt, pepper and garlic powder together in a small bowl.
3. Divide each vegetable into 6 portions. Place a portion of each vegetable in the center of each of the pounded steaks. Sprinkle each with Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Roll the steak up around the vegetables and hold them together with a toothpick.
4. Heat your Crock-Pot® slow cooker to sauté*. Drizzle the vegetable oil in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker and brown each steak roll on each side, working 3 at a time.
5. Place all the steak rolls in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker, cover with tomato sauce and cook for 6-8 hours on low heat or 3-4 hours on high heat.
6. Serve warm over pasta or rice.