Peach Graham Cracker Upside-Down Cake
Ginger and nutmeg add a nice touch of spice to this sweet upside-down cake that can be enjoyed any time of the year. It's best served warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on top.
• 3 medium peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/4 cup butter, softened
• 2 tablespoons snipped crystallized ginger or 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
• 1 cup milk
• 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1 egg
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• Ice cream, for serving
1. Use a liner for the inside of your slow cooker.
2. Add sliced peaches to the bottom.
3. Heat brown sugar, butter and ginger over medium heat in a saucepan, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
4. Pour hot mixture over peaches and gently mix to coat.
5. In a bowl, combine the milk and crushed graham crackers.
6. In another bowl, mix together the 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter on medium until combined.
7. Beat in egg.
8. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
9. Add half of the flour mixture to butter mixture, beating on low until combined. Stir in graham cracker mixture. Beat in the remaining flour mixture just until combined.
10. Spread batter over peach mixture in slow cooker.
11. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours, until toothpick comes out clean.
12. Serve with ice cream if desired.