Gnocchi in Creamy Pork Sauce
Requiring little preparation or effort, this deliciously creamy and savory slow-cooked dish is perfect for a chilly evening or hungry crowd. Topped with Parmesan cheese and served with warm, buttered rolls, this creamy pork sauce gnocchi is an extremely satisfying dinner.
• 1 medium yellow onion, diced
• 6 cloves garlic, minced
• 4 to 5 pounds bone-in pork shoulder
• 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 2 pounds dried gnocchi
• Parmesan cheese, for topping
• Parsley, for garnish
1. Place a Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Liner inside your 6-quart slow cooker.
2. Add diced yellow onion and garlic to the bottom.
3. Cover with the bone-in pork shoulder.
4. Pour 1 can of crush tomatoes over top, covering the sides as well.
5. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
6. Pour second can of crushed tomatoes in slow cooker.
7. Cover and cook on low for 11 hours overnight.
8. Remove the layer of fat and bone from the pork and discard.
9. Stir in the heavy cream and gnocchi.
10. Cover and cook for 1 more hour on low.
11. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley for garnish.
12. Serve warm and enjoy.