Simple Slow Cooker Applesauce (Kid Friendly!)
Applesauce is a classic childhood snack that is nutritious but filled with just enough natural sweetness that kids still enjoy it. Slow cooking a batch of applesauce over the weekend makes it quick and easy to ensure you're providing your student with a healthy snack option after school.
• 4 pounds (10 - 11 apples) naturally sweet apples, sliced
• 1/4 cup unsweetened apple cider
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 3 hours, until apples and skins are soft.
3. Allow to cool before eating.
To make a blueberry vanilla blend of applesauce: Follow same steps as above and add 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste.