Mexican Quinoa Bowl
Hearty and zesty with a little bit of spice, this healthy Tex Mex quinoa bowl could serve as a great alternative to your next Taco Tuesday night.
• 1 cup of dry quinoa, rinsed
• 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 (15 ounce) can of fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies
• 6-8 small red and orange peppers, diced
• 1 zucchini, diced
• 1 package of mild taco seasoning
• 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
• 2 cups of filtered water
• 1 cup sweet corn, frozen
• Cilantro, chopped for garnish
• Avocado, optional for garnish
• Shredded cheese, optional for garnish
1. Place quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, peppers and zucchini to the bottom of your 4.5-quart slow cooker.
2. Add taco seasoning, garlic powder and water and mix gently.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
4. With 30 minutes remaining, add corn.
5. Serve in bowls and garnish with cilantro, avocado and shredded cheese.