Barbecue Beef Brisket
Smoky and savory, this Texas-inspired hearty beef brisket is satisfyingly good. Best of all, except for the beef, each of these ingredients can likely be found right in your cupboard!
• 3 pounds beef brisket
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 cup ketchup
• 1/2 cup chili sauce
• 1/4 cup packaged brown sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke
1. For the rub, combine the chili powder, garlic powder, celery seed and pepper in a bowl.
2. Rub over beef brisket and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
3. In another bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour sauce all over brisket to coat evenly.
5. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
6. Remove meat when ready and cut the brisket across the grain, making thin slices.
7. Drizzle remaining liquid over sliced brisket and serve!