Chicken and Butternut Squash Curry
This rich and flavorful curry takes just five minutes to prepare, thanks to the pre-peeled and pre-chopped butternut squash that this recipe calls for. Slow-cooked to perfection, this warm curry dish makes for the perfect weeknight meal.
• 1 to 2 pounds pre-peeled and pre-cut butternut squash
• 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
• 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen pearl onions
• 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen peas
• 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
• 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
• 1 tablespoon curry powder
• 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
• Coconut flakes, for garnish
• Chili flakes, for garnish
1. Combine butternut squash, chicken thighs, pearl onions, peas, coconut milk, tomato paste and salt.
2. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
3. Mix well, until all chicken is broken up.
4. Serve warm and top with coconut and chili flakes, if desired.