For a hearty and zesty Mexican dish that doesn't require the additional hassle of tortillas or taco shells, try out this delicious and easy to make recipe for enchilada orzo.
• 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
• 1 (10-ounce) mild enchilada sauce
• 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
• 1/2 cup vegetable broth, and more, as needed
• 1 cup corn kernels, frozen or canned
• 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
• 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
1. Combine diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, green chilies, vegetable broth, corn and black beans in slow cooker. Mix well.
2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Top with cream cheese.
4. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
5. Remove cover and stir until cream cheese is fully melted and combined.
6. Mix in orzo and cook for 15 to 30 more minutes.
7. Add more vegetable broth as needed.
8. Serve warm.