Homestyle Ground Turkey Meatloaf
Flavorful, satisfying and requiring just a short list of ingredients, you can't go wrong with this family-style homemade meatloaf.
• 1 pound ground turkey (or lean ground beef)
• 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
• 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
• 1/2 cup diced onion or 2 tablespoons dried onion
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• Barbecue sauce
1. Combine ground turkey, tomato sauce, oatmeal, onion, salt and pepper.
2. Use your hands to shape the mixture and place in a bread pan.
3. Place the pan in the bottom of your 6-quart slow cooker.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
5. Brush the meatloaf with barbecue sauce and if desired, place it in the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes to crisp it up.