Barbecue Chicken Quinoa Bowl Slow Cooker Recipe
• 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
• 1 cup corn, frozen
• 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
• ½ cup onion, diced
• 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
• ½ tablespoon each of cumin powder, chili powder and smoked paprika
• 1 cup barbecue sauce and extra for topping
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon hickory liquid smoke
• 1 cup and 2 tablespoons chicken broth
• ½ pound chicken breast
• Cilantro, for garnish
• Green onion, for garnish
• Cheddar cheese, grated, for garnish
1. Add quinoa to the bottom of your slow cooker.
2. Top with corn, peppers, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, paprika, 1 cup barbecue sauce, salt, hickory liquid smoke and chicken broth.
3. Nestle chicken breasts between all ingredients in the middle & ensure that liquid covers them.
4. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours, until broth is absorbed and chicken is cooked through.
5. Remove the chicken breasts and shred, using two forks.
6. Add the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and mix well.
7. Serve in bowls and garnish with remaining barbecue sauce, cilantro, green onions and cheddar cheese.