Asian Barbecue Pulled Pork
Time on High: 4 hours Time on Low: 8 hours The perfect balance of Asian flavors create a delicious and unique twist on the classic pulled pork. Leftovers are great on salad, in a quesadilla or pita.
3 Cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon ginger, grated
1 Teaspoon Chinese 5 spice powder
¼ Cup soy sauce, low sodium
¼ Cup hoisin sauce
1 Teaspoon sesame oil
2 Teaspoon chili garlic paste (optional)
2 Tablespoon tomato paste
1 Cup chicken broth, low sodium
2 Pound boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt)
Fresh cilantro, garnish (optional)
1. Wisk together the first 7 ingredients (garlic through tomato paste) as well as half of the chicken broth in a small bowl.
2. Place pork in a large zip lock bag or glass dish and cover with marinade.
3. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
4. Place pork and marinade in a slow cooker and cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for 4 hours.
5. Remove pork from Crock-Pot® slow cooker and let rest for 20 minutes.
6. Place remaining ½ Cup of chicken broth in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker and cook on High for 30 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, remove fat cap and shred the pork using two forks.
8. Add shredded pork back into the sauce and serve.
9. Garnish with fresh cilantro if you wish