Apple Pecan Bread Pudding
Time on High: 2 Hours Time on Low: 3 to 4 Hours This dessert is made from day old bread, Granny Smith Apples, and evaporated milk for a twist on an old favorite and had a wonderfully rich taste.
8 Cups day old bread, cubed
3 Cups Granny Smith apples, peeled cored and cubed
1 Cup chopped pecans
8 Whole eggs
1 Can evaporated milk
1/2 Cup apple cider or apple juice
1 Cup packed light brown sugar
2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Place bread cubes, apples, and pecans in buttered Crock-Pot®.
2. Mix remaining ingredients.
3. Pour over bread and stir thoroughly.
4. Put lid on Crock-Pot® and start cooking on Low for 3 to 4 hours.
5. Top with caramel sauce, ice cream, or whipped topping.