Homemade Slow Cooked Peach Cobbler
Time on High: 2 to 3 Hours Time on Low: 3 to 4 Hours It's peach season and recently I was able to get some of the freshest, and juiciest peaches at a local farmer’s market! I knew I wanted to create a special recipe for my family and I hope your family loves this fresh peach cobbler as much as mine did.
8 Fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
1 Cup sugar (divided into 2, ½ Cups)
½ Cup brown sugar
1 Cup flour
¾ Teaspoon of cinnamon
¾ Teaspoon of nutmeg
1 Teaspoon of baking powder
¼ Teaspoon of salt
1 Stick of butter, softened
1 Teaspoon of vanilla
1 Cup of almond milk or your favorite milk
1. Grease a Crock-Pot® Casserole Crock™ Slow Cooker with butter. (Note: If you don’t have the casserole style, you can use an oval slow cooker)
2. Scatter peaches in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
3. In a medium sized bowl, create batter by mixing all remaining ingredients EXCEPT ½ Cup of the white sugar.
4. Pour the batter over the peaches and spread evenly.
5. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of white sugar over the batter.
6. Place a paper towel under the lid to prevent condensation from dripping on the cobbler then Cover and slow cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
7. Remove the lid and paper towel then continue to slow cook for an additional 30 minutes to firm up the cobbler topping.
8. If you let the cobbler cool for a bit it will look a little nicer when serving.
Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Great tip: The easiest way to peel peaches is to score an X on the bottom of the peaches then place in boiling water for 1 minute. Then place peaches in a bowl of ice water for three minutes. The skin will then easily peel off!