Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Beef & Broccoli
Time on High: not recommended Time on Low: 6 hours One of my favorite Chinese meals is beef and broccoli. I've loved it since I was a kid and I knew that there had to be a way that I could make this a bit healthier if I made it at home. The results were amazing! You don't have to marinate but if you can, do so for up to 12 hours with this recipe! The flank steak was really tender after marinating and I highly recommend it. No more Chinese takeout at home!
1 1/2 Pounds flank steak
3 Garlic cloves, minced
1/2 Cup carrots, shredded
1/2 Cup soy sauce
1/4 Cup white wine
1/4 Cup cooking sherry
1 Teaspoon sesame oil
1 Teaspoon maple syrup or honey
1 teaspoon dried ginger
1 Teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
1/2 T. peanut butter
3 T. brown sugar
2 cups of frozen chopped broccoli
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Cut flank steak evenly into 5 pieces.
2. Place steak in Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
3. Mix all other ingredients other than the broccoli and pour over steak in Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
4. Cover; cook on Low for 6 hours.
5. The last hour of cooking, stir in chopped broccoli.
6. Sir well to combine the sauce, meat, and broccoli.
7. Cover; cook one hour longer or until broccoli is tender.
8. Slice into bite-sized pieces and serve with white rice.