Turkey Italian Sausage with White Beans
Turkey Italian Sausage with White Beans Recipe from the Crock-Pot® 5 ingredients or less cookbook. Item # 2275100 Makes 4 servings Cook Time: 3 to 4 hours (LOW) or 1-½ to 2 hours (HIGH)
• 1 pound turkey or pork Italian sausage, casings removed
• ½ cup minced onion
• 2 cans (about 15 ounces each) cannellini or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 can (about 14 ounces) Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
• ½ cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
1. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown sausage and onion 6 to 8 minutes, stirring to break up meat. Drain fat.
2. Coat inside of Crock-Pot® slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Combine beans, tomatoes and rosemary in Crock-Pot® slow cooker. Stir in sausage mixture. Cover; cook on LOW 3 to 4 hours or on HIGH 1-½ to 2 hours. Ladle into bowls; top with cheese.