Apple Butter BBQ Baby Back Ribs
It’s fall, so the flavors of apples and barbecue are especially appealing. I adore the tantalizing scent of these Apple Butter BBQ Baby Back Ribs and the way the ingredients meld while slow cooking for the summer. Get ready to try this autumnal delight!
• 1 rack of baby back ribs
• salt and pepper
• 2 small gala apples, cored and sliced
• 1/2 sweet onion, sliced in ½ inch rounds
• 1 cup water
• 1 cup BBQ sauce
• 1/2 cup unsweetened apple butter
1. Cut the membrane off the back of the ribs. Use a paring knife to gently cut along the edge and then peel off.
2. Season both sides of ribs with salt and pepper.
3. Layer ribs, apples and onions in the bottom of the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
4. Turn on low for 4 1/2-6 1/2 hours, rotating the ribs halfway through.
5. Remove the ribs from the Crock-Pot® slow cooker and place on a baking sheet. Remove apples and onions with a slotted spoon and drain the liquid. Return the apples and onions to the bottom of the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
6. Mix together BBQ sauce and apple butter. Pour over one side of the ribs and return to the Crock-Pot® slow cooker, sauce side down. Pour the rest of the sauce over the top.
7. Cook for another 30 minutes.
8. Remove from the Crock-Pot® slow cooker and serve.